Xantia 1.9TD BLOWER----CLOCK & STEREO

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CDC02254

Xantia 1.9TD BLOWER----CLOCK & STEREO

Post by CDC02254 »

Hello,

Can anyone help?

I have been having problems with my blower, basically I cant turn it off without removing the fuse. I have read a few threads and decided to remove the fan control panel and check/buzz it. It all seems ok.

Next step was to remove the blower and check the transistors but they "seem" to be ok.

I then put the control panel back in and now the clock and the stereo wont work. have checked the fuses and all look OK. I havnt put the blower back in yet.

Help on any of these problems would be appreciated.

Regards

Brett
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Next step was to remove the blower and check the transistors but they "seem" to be ok.
How do they 'seem' ok? Did you do any electrical checks or something, or merely just look at them to see anything obvious that may be wrong (ie they have dropped off)?

You may have dislodged the wires when putting the panel back in, it can get a bit cramped behind the dash with all the wires, especially trying to refit the stereo.

Pull out the clock and make sure its wire block is still connected properly, likewise for the stereo...make sure you have the code for the stereo if your going to be disconnecting it from the battery.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
CDC02254

Post by CDC02254 »

I have only done a visual check on the fuses, which fuses are relevant to the stereo and clock?. I will replace them.

Regards

Brett
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

To check the transistors you really need a meter with a 'diode test' facility, but if you use an ordinary multimeter you should have a fairly high resistance between the two pins and either pin and case. If you have a dead short between any of these the transistors are short circuit.
CDC02254

fuses

Post by CDC02254 »

I have replaced fuse 8 which has got the clock going, but fuse 25 has a kind of bridging fuse from 25 to the fuse adjacent????

It also seems that when I turn off the ignition the engine has a delay before it cuts out fully!!!!!!!!!

I wish I hadnt touched the fan, I have lived with it for 4 months.