Decent Garages in Brighton?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Pheonix

Decent Garages in Brighton?

Post by Pheonix »

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any garages in Brighton which they've had experience of?

I need to get my brake pads changed pronto, and I'm new to the area. Have tried doing it myself but the calipers are fused pretty solid!

Thanks!

Joe
Regards
Joe
Pheonix

Re: Decent Garages in Brighton?

Post by Pheonix »

Pheonix wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any garages in Brighton which they've had experience of?

I need to get my brake pads changed pronto, and I'm new to the area. Have tried doing it myself but the calipers are fused pretty solid!

Thanks!

Joe
Also if anyone could recommend the best place to get a new front wheel for my 106 (1.0 3 stud) as one of them seems to be leaking air (quite rusted, and the valve has been replaced already).
Regards
Joe
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Your rim will be leaking air where the tyre bead contacts the rim. Sometimes tyre fitters will wave a wire brush at it but I expect if you get the tyre removed then give it a really good clean and rub down with a wire brush on an angle grinder or emery cloth then paint it with a zinc rich primer or similar it will probably seal.
jeremy
Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

Humm...sounds like quite alot of work, but not overly hard to do. Worst bit would be getting the tyre removed and refitted TBH.

I'll have a think, and try and see if I can get some prices on a wheel too, just so I know where I'm at.

Suppose I could always spend a fortune on a set of alloys to chav the car up with :?
Regards
Joe
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

its a bit of a drive (but worth it) Huw Rhys Williams in paddock wood is the best citroen mechanic i have ever come across and a top bloke to boot :D
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles