1.9 Dturbo engine revving

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DirtyGertie
My Cars:

1.9 Dturbo engine revving

Post by DirtyGertie »

Hi Guys,

my 306 dturbo engine races after a warm start up never from cold i then have to blip the throttle and it returns to idle.

Is this a air in the fuel problem as previously answered for the guy with the 2.1td and if so are the same checks valid

thanks in advance.
Vera 2001 5dr 106 1.5D 56k
Gertie 98 5Dr Dturbo No Cat or EGR over 130K R.I.P lost fight with 7.5 Truck :(
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Definately try this as a first option.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
razzleuk

Re: 1.9 Dturbo engine revving

Post by razzleuk »

DirtyGertie wrote:Hi Guys,

my 306 dturbo engine races after a warm start up never from cold i then have to blip the throttle and it returns to idle.

Is this a air in the fuel problem as previously answered for the guy with the 2.1td and if so are the same checks valid

thanks in advance.
Mine had this exact problem for about a year, (seemed more prominent in warmer weather). I changed the fuel filter in May and it hasnt done it since. I think there was air getting in somewhere and I suspect perhaps it was the air bleed screw you undo on the fuel pump (lucas) to bleed the air out after changing the filter. It didnt seem that it was sat correctly and so i screwed it right out and back in again.

I had tried tightening up the bolts on the fuel filter housing previously to no avail.

Did yours start after a service where the fuel filter was changed? Its worth checking the bolts on the housing are ok as well as perhaps looking elsewhere.

Regards,

Raz.
DirtyGertie
My Cars:

Post by DirtyGertie »

Hi Raz

Well it's funny you mention servicing as a full service was done (so i'm told) not that long ago...

thanks for you reply i will have a look and see what i find.
Vera 2001 5dr 106 1.5D 56k
Gertie 98 5Dr Dturbo No Cat or EGR over 130K R.I.P lost fight with 7.5 Truck :(