ZX Questions...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philhoward

ZX Questions...

Post by philhoward »

Couple of questions on the ZX TD Estate i've just bought to replace the Xantia..

Did all SX trim ZX's have remote central locking? I've got the dome in the roof, but didn't get a plip keyfob. Is programming the same as with a Xantia (Ignition to posn 1, and press the button for your life's worth for about 30 seconds)?

Also..is it possible to fit a Xantia stereo into a ZX? I've got the old one with the CD input jack and want to use it in the ZX if possible.

Cheers all!
Phil
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

I'd imagine an SX would have remote locking, but as we all know there are plenty of wierd variations out there... :lol: If you have a look under the roof console you should see if the necessary bits are there or not.

The last two ZXs I've had did have the capability but the plips never came with the cars. I suppose they're easy to mislay because they're so small. If you pick one up on eBay there's a thread on here somewhere that tells you how to reprogram it.

IMHO, the infrared remote locking on the ZX is crap anyway as you have to be practically on top of the car before you can activate or deactivate it. I'd fit an aftermarket RF unlocker myself... 8)

You won't be able to fit the Xantia radio as the mounting holes are in different places.
ImageImage
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I thinnk the test for the central locking will be a strange one - can you unlock and lock the car from the passenger door? The reason for this is that the plip receiver goes on the terminal on the controller that would be used by the passenger door lock - and so if the lock is dead - you will have a receiver!

The genuine Citroen radio panels complete with flap used to be about £9 or £10 from your friendly dealer - and £30 from halfords.
jeremy
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I tghought the reprogramming had to be done at a dealer?