C5 upgrade Questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AtitudeJim
My Cars:

C5 upgrade Questions

Post by AtitudeJim »

i need to replace 1 of the dashlight bulbs on my c5, anybody know how can i acess them or its a hard job? any tips?
Last edited by AtitudeJim on 31 Aug 2006, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
(04) Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 110hp (uk)
(90) Pug 205 1.8D (uk)
(92) Vw Polo G40 (pt)
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Dash lights - from the instrument cluster, right? Those are LEDs, i've opened mine once for curiosity sake, and they are a bit hard to dessolder.
To remove the cluster, insert a credit card or similar under each dot/recess you find under the tachometer and the speedometer. Push it in until you feel no more resistance and the cluster lifts a bit. Around half credit card should do it. Pull the cluster out and remove the yellow plug. All the rest should be straight forward...
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
AtitudeJim
My Cars:

Post by AtitudeJim »

thanks ill try that, i want to change the standard green coloured leads for blue ones.

I got also some questions, does the c5 2.0 hdi 110 has a oil cooler as standard? if yes where is the radiator?

Has anybody installed a boost gauge / oil pressure and oil temp on the c5?
any pods the fit the 3 gauges on the drivers pillar?

EGR ... has anyone disconected it?

CCV bypass is it worth doing it?

and also about uprated air filters panel ones... i found only for the c5 green and bmc that makes them k&n suprisingly i didnt found anything?

im looking to do a proper ecu remap but before id like to give the engine some safety mods.

im getting the c5's xenon headlamps with bulbs are they straight fit? or something on the electronics has to be adjusted?

thx :D
(90) Pug 205 1.8D (uk)
(92) Vw Polo G40 (pt)
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Tanta pergunta....!

The C5 has an oil-water cooler, where the oil filter screws in to.
You already have an oil temperature gauge on the dash. Why put more stuff?
EGR... some say it's good, some say it's not. If you disconnect it, the most lickly will be the ECU go into limp mode.
CCV, i would just clena the air tubing ant the intercooler once in a while.
Don't use air filters other than paper. The oil that filters the air in those filters will damage the sensor in the MAF. Been there twice a few years back, learned the lesson after buying a maf on my own.
Dont' exceed 140bhp on the engine for safety reasons.
Standard Xenon headlamps with igniters and such are expensive, you will need hadlamp washers and reprogram the BSI. Better choose aftermarket kits for standard H4 (high beam and fog lamp) and H7 (low beam)
Francisco
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
AtitudeJim
My Cars:

Post by AtitudeJim »

i was told by lots of owners of peugeots... citroens.. hdi's and told that the setup panel cotton filter + de-cat + remap and a 13 line oil cooler would be good . as i also think. on previous cars i had k&N air filters , found minimal but good, better air feed for the engine, de-cat will held to increase the exhaust gas flow, so more air in... and also out to compensate.remap on top for optimizing the torque and power of car. Oil cooler will help maintain the oil temp in case of driving more constantly at higher revs.

About the xenon i have a oportunit to get a headlights at very good prices from abroad under 100 pound for the pair. how much would it cost to reprogram the bsi? or the xenon hid conversion kit i more suitable?
(90) Pug 205 1.8D (uk)
(92) Vw Polo G40 (pt)
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

If you get the xenon that cheap... i don't know the price of connecting the car to the lexia computer, here it's around 30 quid.
As i said, the C5 *already has* an oil cooler! They have enginners for something...
If you wanna go the route of special air filters and stuuf, it's your car and your money.
An air filter changed every 7K, makes an engine happy every day!
Francisco