Unable to search for AX (or BX, C5, XM or ZX)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Julesieuk

Unable to search for AX (or BX, C5, XM or ZX)

Post by Julesieuk »

I find it irritating that I cannot search for AX-specific posts on the bulletin boards: if I search for AX rear suspension the AX part is ignored, and I have to sift through posts returned for all Citroen models.

This is because PHPbb only supports searches for 3 characters or more.

Does anyone else find this an issue, as I believe a small code change can probably fix this?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

It is annoying but it maybe just one of those things, as I'm assuming its the host that has to change it rather than the Admin.

However, you could use this thread to post your query regarding said search. :wink:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
AX_Man

Post by AX_Man »

Maybe we should have forum for site feedback where issues like this can be discussed and the site admin can announce changes?

Perhaps a thesaurus would do the trick or using a pulldown menu for vehicle?

I have a few other suggestions on how this BB could be improved ...
1996 Citroen AX Debut and 2001 Citroen Saxo.

I love Citroens!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Its been up before -

Its a minor flaw in the php based board software we are using. You must enter at least 3 characters as search criteria.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Julesieuk

Post by Julesieuk »

OK, as per mezuk04's suggestion, has anyone tried fixing a worn AX radius arm?
I've been encouraged by my local car spares shop to remove the radius arm to find out which bits worn. He says its not impossible, as Haynes implies.

Has anyone else done this, and if so was the wear on the radius arm bush, or on the bearing surface?

(BTW: I have a code fix to functions_search.php for the search problem if there is a test phpBB to try it on ... :roll: )
slim123

Post by slim123 »

The worst of the radius arm job on the AX is that the inner bearing race is the sub-frame tube, this tube is not hardened and it wears, thus meaning that unless you bodge the job, you will need to replace the sub-frame.

Regards
Slim