Remote central locking plip

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batwad
My Cars:

Remote central locking plip

Post by batwad »

The remote keyfob for my 306 is the two-button high-frequency type and recently stopped working. On inspection I found a split in one of the rubber buttons so I opened it up and all the joints looked dry so I reckon water had gotten in and knackered it :cry:

I've bought a replacement plip from Peugeot and the guy at the parts counter told me that you can swap the transponder elements over so there's no need to get the keys recoded. Sure enough, wedged into the fatter half of the fob, next to the blade, is a small black oblong "thingy" which is the transponder element. I swapped these over and the new fob starts my car 8) :D

Only thing is, I can't seem to get the fob to operate the remote central locking. I've tried various combinations of key-in-ignition-button-pressing but to no avail. Does anyone know the correct sequence, or even if it is possible without dealer intervention (at a cost of £50?)
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

key in ignition first postion then put plip close to receiver in roof within 10 sec of turning ignition push lock button a few times then ignition off and try it
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....