xantia engine fault light on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nurkov
My Cars:

xantia engine fault light on

Post by nurkov »

Hi I've got problem with my xantia, it's 2.0 petrol turbo. When I start engine yellow light goes off as normal and after few seconds goes on. After next about 30 second goes off and it's like that until next start of the engine. Engine runs always fine. When outside temperature is low, below 15 C and engine is cold light doesn't go on. When engine is hot that problem is always. Fuel consumption is excessive too and I think it could be because of that problem.
Citroen Xantia Break 2.0T Exclusive 1999
Citroen Xsara 1.4i West Coast 1999
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Hi,

Any loss of power or other syptoms when engine management light is on? Does light stay on at different speeds or loads, say up a hill, or certain speed ranges? Is temp only noticeable symptom?

Cheers
Steve
95 Xantia 20/16v 155 bhp VSX 210k
97 Saxo 1.1 SX 100k
03 S-Type Jag (sorry!)
``Only standing on the shoulders of giants - The more I know, the less I understand?? Ignorance is bliss! ''
nurkov
My Cars:

Post by nurkov »

no loss of power light is on just after starting engine for about 30 seconds. Doesn't matter if I drive or not accelerate fast or slow. After it goes off there is no problem with it any more.
nurkov
My Cars:

Post by nurkov »

Please anyone? Any ideas?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

All the "K" light tells you is that a fault has been recorded. Sometimes that can be an intermittent thing that has no adverse effect on the running of the engine, in fact I have one that comes on & off that I think is involved with the 10% ethynol in the fuel that I use and is telling me that my engine is operating outside the range of my Lambda sensor as it doesn't cause any problems and disappears as soon as I give it a bootful on the accelerator.
In your case, I suspect the problem is associated with the engine temperature sensor which is plugged into the thermostat housing at the froint of the engine.
If it were me and I could access this sensor reasonably cheaply, I'd replace it and see how it goes. Failing that, get someone to run a diagnostic over it and get a positive reading.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
nurkov
My Cars:

Post by nurkov »

is this that one marked 22?