Xantia pressure regulator mounting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philhoward

Xantia pressure regulator mounting

Post by philhoward »

Has anyone got an exploded diagram of an anti-sink VSX (Hydractive 2) pressure regulator; specifically how it's actually mounted to the gearbox? The previous owner had changed the main pressure pipe from the pump to the regulator and made a complete cockup of it - no bracket from the end to the gearbox (now sourced), but it's sprung a major leak (1litre LHM/mile). I've got a couple of spare seals thanks to a friendly dealer, but hoping that their "leave the regulator not attached to anything" approach hasn't split the "new" pipe...
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I've found the bolts etc from a P reg 1.8 in the local scrappies, but I can't get the bolts to go into the gearbox at all. The ones I fetched off the P reg (smooth case gearbox) were M7x1.0 (Who uses M7???), but won't go in the hole. Should they be M6 in my ribbed case TD gearbox (can't see as Citroen put a radiator in the way...)?

Could just be mashed threads as the P.O. didn't look to be too handy at DIY..

HELP!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the regulater mounting bolts are usualy 7mm on all of the citroens i have ever worked on,they can be hard to locate into the thread so in turn the thread in the gear box dose get damaged some times
regards malcolm
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Found the reason why I was having great trouble getting the bolts fitted...there's the remains of both of them in there already :evil:

Have managed to steady the regulator as much as I can using 2 other brackets, but i don't hold out much hope. Sods law I'd just filled it with £60's worth of Diesel before this problem manifested itself :evil:

Anyone care to take it off my hands? I need a 100% reliable car, and can't risk it failing it again on me, plus with my new job don't have the time to pull the radiator out and try to extract the bolts. For someone who has a bit of time spare it's probably be a few hours of work...

Listing it in the Sale and Wanteds before it goes on fleabay...