Beru Heater plugs

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Beru Heater plugs

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
Just had delivery of 4 new Beru plugs for my L reg Xant TD, from good old GSF.
When my son had the car he bought some from local motor factors. When I fitted them, there was a slight improvement in starting from cold, but not too much. Very soon it was as bad as ever. Car has done 201,000+.
As car has now been given back to me, I will put these Beru plugs in this weekend if it doesn't rain.. I had more trouble with number 3 than number 4 last time--maybe it was my back giving out again.
The only thing with the Beru plugs, they didn't put new nuts with them, so I will have to find the old plugs to see if any spare. I am bound to drop one .
Regards,
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Beru Heater plugs

Post by CitroJim »

Gregg1100 wrote:The only thing with the Beru plugs, they didn't put new nuts with them, so I will have to find the old plugs to see if any spare. I am bound to drop one .
Regards,
Greg

Strikes me as a bit mean, not putting a new set of nuts in. Still, if you put a lump of well softened blu-tak on your fingertop you'll not loose them! Touvh-wood I've not lost one yet.. :wink:

IIRC they're just standard M4 metric nuts. Nothing fancy although the proper ones have integral washers that make them marginally easier to find if you do drop one. :roll:

Good luck with the job. It's been discussed a fair bit in this forum. Must be the time of year..

Citroen and Peugeot owners replacing glow plugs = first sign of winter :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

also the corect ones ars serated on the under side to act as a locking washer,mind you dont turn the centre pole of the plugs when tightening the nut,as this will render the plug US(kn**kerd),this could be why the other brands die prematurely
regards malcolm