Best online cigarettes shop

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Admin, can we have this thread deleted and the poster banned???
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

mezuk04 wrote:Admin, can we have this thread deleted and the poster banned???
Done!!

At present we seem to have a plague of these numbnuts, so as soon as they appear, just drop a note to a mod or admin and we'll shuffle 'em off to where they belong.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Thankyou!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
deian

Post by deian »

from a Guest? aren't you supposed to register first? it's been so long since i registered that i don't remember whether or not you need to be verified by an admin first, or do we just activate then post?

maybe we need to get an admin to verify first, and maybe send an email out asking why they want to come on, if they bother to reply then they must want to join, if not they wanted to cause trouble... just an idea... i'll pass it on to you admin people now, good luck.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Very good point Deian.

It could also put some people off as thinking we are snobs on here and not bother. some people give email address's they hardly use for fear of spam, to any site they need to register for as they can quickly log onto email account, see the last few mails, one of which will be activation for said forum or such like, action email and then leave the box alone untill needed again to just fill with spam ;)
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

alan s wrote:
mezuk04 wrote:Admin, can we have this thread deleted and the poster banned???
Done!!

At present we seem to have a plague of these numbnuts, so as soon as they appear, just drop a note to a mod or admin and we'll shuffle 'em off to where they belong.

Alan S
Most likely not real people but automated spam bots.

I assume the forum software is up to date, phpbb is notoriously bad for security weaknesses.
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

I used to admin a phpbb site some time ago. Isn't there an option where you can get the user to type in and confirm a series of random digits during the registration process? This will stop the spambots.

I don't know if that option is possible in this version of phpBB, the one I ran was VERY heavily modded. A quick google search will find a link to a mod so that this can be added tho ;)

Just a thought
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

It's a problem everywhere at present.
Reason this one looks like a guest is that he/she/it registered and then posted, so it was deleted as a user and the post deleted.
Would like to think there was an easy way to slow them down, but better brains than mine don't seem to be able to get on top of them in any simple way, so until they do, they'll keep posting and we'll keep deleting.
The big worry is that they are constantly attempting to get into the database of all the forums, so when I catch them in the act, I just IP ban them whilst they are online quite often. We still have suspicions that they have hacked CitroenZ in the past few weeks and screwed it and today it appears it may have been done over again, so when I read that the Chinese jailed one of them for about 7 years, I didn't shed too many tears.
You guys only see a small proportion of what goes on as I do a fair bit whilst you're in slumberland and have to rely on the mods over there to handle it during my night hours, so the international mod team works well in that regard.
Reason I'm asking to be PMd (or any of the mods) if any of this crap appears, is that at present I'm almost bedridden from an old injury and am not spending too much time on the net apart from getting rid of these tossers.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!