Dispatch 1.9d Xu9 replacement engine starting problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

karlsdispatch

Dispatch 1.9d Xu9 replacement engine starting problem

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

I have just replaced the worn engine in the above vehicle with one from a pug 306. Same Diesel engine, a few ancilaries are slightly different but I have now managed to plumb everything in. My main problem is with the electrics, and it starting, or not starting for that matter. The original engine in the dispatch had a Bosche fuel pump, turned on and off via the electronic keypa imobilisor in the vehicle. It has four wires, two grey, one brown, one yellow. The new engine, from the pug, has no imobilised solinoid, just a solinoid which requires (I believe) a 12v supply to operate. Thing is, I cant work out which wire from the original loom will power the solinoid correctly. I have tried several combinations but no joy? I have also powered the solinoid directly from the battery and this works fine. Im sure that I could link in a new wire from the ignition barrel, but is this nessasary?

Second thing is, I cant get the Glow plugs to work. They are all new, work fine and are connected correctly. Again, to start the engin I have had to temporarily use a wire from the battery to the glow plugs which has worked. Could thi problem be linked to the imobilisor?

Your thoughts are much appreciated

Karl
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Connect a voltmeter between each lead and earth in turn, then turn the ignition on and see which one has 12 volts on it with the switch on. You might want to confirm it by connecting a bulb between the appropriate lead and earth. Or you could just do it using a bulb but make sure you have a good earth connection.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Karl -

Please do not multipost on the same problem.
Its confusing to all - including yourself - hopping back & forth between the threads to follow answers given.

To prevent further confusion I lock this thread.

Readers may find the duplicate thread here :
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=20060
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image