Nokia hands free kit

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pugsulike
My Cars:

Nokia hands free kit

Post by Pugsulike »

Hi,

I've recently fitted a Nokia CARK-91 handsfree kit to my 2002 406. I bought it on Ebay and it came without instructions. I've looked up the Nokia web site but it was no help. All connections have been made except for one yellow wire which is a stereo mute, intended to mute the radio upon answering a call.

Problem is, I don't know how to connect it to the stereo. It is the factory fitted bog standard cassette radio with 6 CD autochanger in the boot.

Apart from the radio mute, the handsfree works fine. Has anyone out there fitted a CARK-91 to a 406 or know what to do with the yellow wire? I am informed that it goes down to zero volts during a call, but this means nothing to me. There are loads of wires in the connection blocks behind the stereo and I don't want to risk experimenting in case it all goes horribly wrong.

Thanks.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Your bog standard factory radio probably doesn't have a phone mute lead.

You would see it hanging loose at the back of the radio if it did.

Autoleads make telemute leads which piggyback onto the radio loom. The part number for an '02 406 telemute lead should be 06-050B, but don't quote me on that... :wink:
ImageImage
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

pin 1 on your radio connector is the mute wire,you could go to your dealer and they can order you a terminal to stick in hole or as i saw a phone guy do a while a go and that was strip wire back and poke it in hole and hold it in with a match
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if im not using an autoleads loom i just strip the wire back stuff it in the terminal block & secure it to an adjacent wire using a small cable tie.never had any problems doing it this way.