Citroen number code imobilisor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

karlsdispatch

Citroen number code imobilisor

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

Does anyone know how to disable or turn of and disconnect the key code imobiliser in a 98 Citroen Dispatch. Im sure it would be the same method for other citroen and peugoet models.

Many Thanks

Karl
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

You need to know the code number that is allready in the memory of the fuel pump immobiliser module, I suspect you don't have it.
Your only option is to physically disconnect the module from the stop solenoid, then connect an ignition switched positive directly to the solenoid.

Dave
karlsdispatch

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

I have the code of the imobilisor, the one that you must type in each time the car is started. However, I have recently fitted a new engine with a different fuel pump. The original fuel pump had four (or maybe 5) wires going into it. The new pump only has one which I guess requires a 12 v supply to allow fuel to flow.

Regards

Karl
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

In that case I can't see the point to your post, if you have fitted an engine with a non imobilised pump your keypad is now obsolete, it has no further use.

Dave
karlsdispatch

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

Yes, I see what you mean, but I cant seem to figure out which wire will open the fuel solinoid. There are two grey, one yellow, and one brown. Ive tried all?

Regards

Karl
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

If it was that simple, the immobiliser could be overridden in seconds by a thief!
The wires carry a code, which is interpreted by circuitry inside the solenoid 'box'.
In your case, you just need to provide a 12V feed from the ignition switch.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Karl -

You dont seem to understand that the wires you have (to the original now removed unit) carry the code - not a switched +12V from ignition switch.
You can NOT use these wires anymore now - as there is no module to interpret the code :idea:

As others have tried to tell you :
You need to find a DIFFERENT wire from the ignition switch - which will carry the +12V from the ignition switch - WHEN the ignition key is turned ON.
Very likely you will have to install a new wire especially for this purpose.
This you connect to the fuel solonoid. Its dead easy.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
karlsdispatch

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

Yes, this I have now done and things are working......kind of. Please read my latestthread regarding an idling issue!

Many Thanks

Karl