Citroen Dispatch 1.9d XUD9

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

karlsdispatch

Citroen Dispatch 1.9d XUD9

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi Guys

Just replacing the engine in the above vehical, but have come accross a few minor problems, all mainly down to myself!!!

Firstly its a non Turbo, and the XUD engine im replacing the citroen one with is a peugoet unit from a 96 306. It looks almost identical, the water plumbing is slightly different, and so is the fuel pump. The engine is in, and everything is connected apart from the water cooling system and the diesel lines.

As for the Diesel lines, from the tank I have two. One with the squeezy pumpy primer and one without which I assume is the return. However, stupidly, and as I have been doing this over several evenings, and the pumps are different, I cant remeber what goes where? The same goes for the Water system. Does anyone have a diagram, or know of a link or website that shows a picture or diagram. This would be a great help as I am now desperate to get the vehical back on the road asap.

Many Thanks in advance

Karl
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im not sure about you fuel lines but i think the water prob can bo overcome by removeing the water branch from the rear of the old engine and fitting it to the replacement engine
regards malcolm
karlsdispatch

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

Im sure that would be right, however, im confused about where all the pipes at the front of the engine go, especially as the thermostat housings were different.

Thanks

Karl
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its probably easyest to change any thing over on the water work that can be,would have been easyer to do with both lumps on the ground
regards malcolm
karlsdispatch

Post by karlsdispatch »

Hi

I know what you mean, thing is that the engine I bought was from a breaker and all the pipes had been cut. But I can see that they are differsnt shapes etc. I think it may be to do with the heights of the water bottle, heater matrix and radiator etc. I know a Haynes manual would show a diagram, but I have so many for other vehicles, I was hoping not to buy another.

Thanks

Karl
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes maybe but the parts you need to change from one engine to the other are usualy all just bolted on,as the main block and head are all the same throughout this engine range
regards malcolm