Lucas CAV Turbo Diesel Pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

G4EIY
My Cars:

Lucas CAV Turbo Diesel Pump

Post by G4EIY »

Hi Folks,

I have been looking for a thread, I am sure I have seen on this site, that gave details on how to by pass the electronic gismo that requires a code to activate.

The tread indicated something like carefully digging out the epoxy filling to expose the wires, and then connecting some together.

Does any one know this trick or can direct me to the thread in question, as my searches have not been successful.
Brian - 86 Visa 17D Sorn(192K)/ 86 BX 17RD (220K) Scrapped/ 92 BX 17TZD Turbo Diesel (191K)
96 306 XRDT (174K)
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

If your talking about the keypad thingy i have been told that if you know the code you start the engine using the code, then unplug the keypad wiring loom from the keypad, supposed to fool the brain into thinking its been entered.
I havent tried it yet but im thinking about it, realy annoying entering the code all the time, keep forgeting :x
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Hi H2,

Yes it's that cylindrical thingy on the front side of the pump.

Thanks for that, but as the pump is a spare and off the car I can't do that..

I am not sure which site I saw this thread, it may have been the old Andyspares one, but I still have had no luck in finding it :( ...
Brian - 86 Visa 17D Sorn(192K)/ 86 BX 17RD (220K) Scrapped/ 92 BX 17TZD Turbo Diesel (191K)
96 306 XRDT (174K)
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Im sure only one of them needs a 12v+ to get it going...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I cant say that I have ever tried this although I have wanted to! The pump is still operated by a solonoid as in the early ones, its just a question of getting to it. If you dig out the electronics bit you should only be left with one wire, which is the solonoid, it will probably have a resistance of 100 - 200 ohms to earth, if you connect a 12v supply to it you should be able to hear it operate.

The last XM I had used the dreaded keypad, the one I have now although registered in the same month and with the almost the same Reg No, doesn't
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You can not use a second hand pump with the immobiliser dinky fitted - UNLESS you have the code that was used on the car it came from.

Only other option is to remove and scrap the immobiliser dinky - and then connect directly to the solonoid.

Its very logic : if you had any option of bypassing or tweaking the immobiliser - then any car thief in he world woul also know it. Whats the use then ?

You HAVE to understand that an immobiliser is an immobiliser for good. Period :lol:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=20060
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image