Peugeot 406 1.9 dt engine fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rich201283
My Cars:

Peugeot 406 1.9 dt engine fault

Post by rich201283 »

I have a Peugeot 406 1.9 dt 1998
The k light has suddenly came on when i started it and the car has gone very very sluggish and is blowing grey smoke out. I then switched the car ouf and then bk on and the fault cleared only to reapper later that day. I took it to peugeot and the fault came back as "Start of injection fault" so they insisted it was the fuel pump. I replaced the pump- Same problem

I have since had the needle lift sensor checked on injector 2 and this came back fine.

What i have noticed is when i start the car the car runs normally and revs normally for the first 5 secs ish and then the k light illuminates and goes faulty. If i flick the ignition off and then bk on while the car is running the car will also run properly for around 5 secs.

I think the problem it an electrical problem as the car is running hotter than normal which would indicate the ecu is not advancing the and retarding the timing correctly, I have already had the timing cheacked just in case the car has jumped a tooth, Turned out okay.

Can anybody advise on what other sensors the ecu uses to alter the timing electronically? As it is appearing to me as if it could be a dud ecu

Regards Lee