Wakey Wakey Mr C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sir Clive

Wakey Wakey Mr C5

Post by Sir Clive »

Just had a major amount of work done on the trusty C5, new cambelt waterpump, crank pulley, and clutch and flywheel change. OUCH-that hurt the wallet :shock:
The engine is a 110Hdi diesel by the way. The day after collecting the car, I was driving to work when it showed 'Antipollution Fault', and went into limp home mode. I duly limped home, disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, and checked all the pipes to and from the turbo, etc, to ensure there were no air leaks, everything looked fine, so I reconnected the battery, started the engine, and drove happily away. However, I've noticed that when I first drive off in the morning the car feels as if it's still in limp home mode, then after a minute or two, if I take it up to a couple of thousand revs it shoots off like a scaled cat and normal performance is resumed.
I've had no warning mesages showing since clearing them, but does anyone know where I should be looking to fix this. Though I guess I could live with it, no danger of abusing a cold engine at present :lol:
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Take it back to the garage that did the work, they might not have put it all back right !!
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

definatly take it back, it could be something as simple as a sensor unplugged somewere :)
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

check that the garage have not snapped the turbo pressure sensor when they removed the air filter.there is a small delicate pipe going between the intercooler & pressure sensor.it gets in the way of removing the air filter so you need to be very careful.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Oh well. I had booked the car into the garage for later this week. Got in it to drive home last Friday afternoon and it ran perfectly, no warning messages, no lack of performance or anything.
Its still going fine so I will cancel the appointment and keep my fingers crossed :D