Rear Xantia ABS sensor replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Rear Xantia ABS sensor replacement

Post by andmcit »

Fortunately so far I've only had cause to renew a front sensor which wasn't too bad a job at all. Took about half an hour.

Problem is, my reading for the glitch lighting the warning on the dash, is showing a rear offside sensor is open circuit ie. dead. Now, I've had a reasonable prod about the car's back end to see if I can trace where the sensor is routed and cannot find where the sensor has a connection into the loom. It's not to be seen under the carpet in the boot or under the rear seats and as yet I've not put the car on ramps yet.

What's the knack to this from someone who's been here and grazed their knuckles!?

Andrew
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Having spent a while under the rear of the Xantia recently, I noticed the sensor connectors hiding on top of the front/rear sections of the subframe. They are much more visible if you drop the spare wheel carrier.
Richard W
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

RichardW wrote:Having spent a while under the rear of the Xantia recently, I noticed the sensor connectors hiding on top of the front/rear sections of the subframe. They are much more visible if you drop the spare wheel carrier.
What was wrong with having the sensor connections inside the rear wells under the back seat like the Cx!? Nice dry stable environment where the joint cannot have any oxidisation/corrosion to break down the connection. Sounds like Citroen went out of their way to position it where the car needs to be up on a 2 or 4 post lift so you can just actually get the access to feel (not see) the connections.

Don't recall having to use ramps when changing the sensor on anthing else in the past!

Progress?

Andrew
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

all the xants i have worked on the plug conectors have been on the top of the side sections of the rear subframe,and why they dont put them inside is because the front to rear cables run the full length of the under side of the car,and not through the cab at all
regards malcolm