BX 16v Register...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Kitch
My Cars:

BX 16v Register...

Post by Kitch »

I've been intrigued to find out how many BX 16v's are in existance, and to date the responses and figures have always been vague.
We've got the build figures on some sites, and somewhere I read something like 1270 odd cars in the UK which are registered. We can find out how many where actually made, but how many survive to this day?
And how many of them are owned by people who actually care? Well I've decided to find out!

I'm consructing a register purely for 16v models. I'll keep it simple and just need to following to compile a database....

Owner:
Reg no:
Colour:
ORGA no:
Date you accquired to vehicle:

I'm going to try and push this through as many forums worldwide as I can. Hopefully the CCC will be happy to assist and primarily the results and updates will be on the new official BX 16v site: http://www.16valve.co.uk on the forum.

If anyone is reading this now and wishes to add their car, please feel free. Your help is appreciated!

Either PM me here, or email mantisgt3@hotmail.com
Thanks
1991 Citroen BX 16valve

1998 Citroen Xsara 1.9TD SX

1993 Peugeot 106 XSi

1995 TVR Chimaera 400
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly I suspect it'll be a very slim volume, somewhat on a par with a Pug 405 Mi16 register.

I trust you'll publish the numbers here in due course? What would be equally interesting is how many were originally produced and imported. Judging by how may Mi16 205s (and 309s) there are around there must have been a very large number.

The BX 16v is a car I'd love to have and cherish, second only to a DS. I have only ever seen one BX 16v in the "flesh" and fell in love with it despite the owner being very reticent knowing me to be one of the enemy as it were, being a 205GTi owner :wink:

Even though I'm devoted to maintaining my GTi very much in it's original form I'm sure he was convinced I had designs on his engine. :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...