Forum Courtesy and Decorum

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Forum Courtesy and Decorum

Post by CitroJim »

Over in the Citroen area of this forum, the thread about the destruction of Activa Xantias highlighted just what a great and civilised forum this is.

Deian highlights just how some other forums behave:
deian wrote:was recently on the e30 forum and asked about the possibility of hydractive on a bmw, they soooooo didn't get it (one guy said 'boooooooring', i was not impressed by the ignorance...
I could never imagine that an opinion would be expressed in quite this way on here. I am always delighted to see that the invetable differences of opinion are always presented in a mature fashion and opinons succinctly put.

This was discussed recently over on the vintage radio forum (of which I regularly visit and I know at least one other on here does - your Avatar gives you away Mike!). The vintage radio forum is perhaps one of the most civilised and well moderated forums I have ever seen; drift even a bit off-topic and the thread is summarily closed and the guilty party admonished. This forum is well up there with the vintage radio forum in all respects.

The other forum I regularly visit and contribute to, the 205gtidrivers forum, is similarly well behaved but just occasionally a link will be posted to other forums to highlight a point in a relevant discussion, a bit like a link to Aussiefrogs on here. Invariably these forums are full of silly puerile posts that should in all cases be firmly stamped upon by the modetrators and deleted. They just make the posters look foolish and devalue the forum termendously.

So, may I say a big thank you to all for making this such a pleasant spot on the web and a special thank you to the moderators who clearly work to keep it that way. They don't appear over-visible here but I'm sure much work goes on behind the scenes.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I have to agree with all said above.

I think forum decorum was something that closed down the original 'andyspares' forum because they got scared of some very out of order postings and that was that.

Its nice to think that this forum is made up of courtieous and knowledgeable members (so how did i get here?)
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

And the odd bit of humour is always a positive :lol:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

I have to agree with mezuk04. There's nothing wrong with a bit of silliness every now and then. All work and no play, etc...
ImageImage
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ross_K wrote:I have to agree with mezuk04. There's nothing wrong with a bit of silliness every now and then. All work and no play, etc...
Absolutely agreed. I would never suggest that this (or any other forum) should be like Radio 3. I love that fact that good intellegent humour and light-hearted comment abounds around here. It would be a poorer place by far without it.

It was the silly, childish and downright insulting stuff I have seen on some other forums I was highlighting, something, thankfully, we don't see on here.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...