Xantia pin outs.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Xantia pin outs.

Post by alan s »

Does the Xantia have the same kind of pin outs that we have on the BX to extract fault codes from the ECU??

If so, can anyone tell me where I find the plug to connect to and also where I find a list of fault codes?

We've got one of the 94 VSX 2.0i cars that keeps chucking funnies and is running a bit rich.
I know there's somewhere on the net that has the service manuals a la the BX ones on Bob Smiths site as I got a copy of the auto transmission service manual from it, but I don't seem to be able to extract the rest of it which would save a lot of effort.
I do have a BOL but it'll probably tell me to take it to the nearest dealer. :roll: :-({|= ](*,) ](*,)

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I'd like to know the same things as you, but I do have one small piece of info - the diagnostic plugs are in the interior fuse box behind the fuses - a round green plug and a rectangular one.

I know that the rectangular one covers the Hydractive computer as I have traced the diagnostic line from the HA2 computer to this plug, and I *think* that the ABS computer also shares this plug.

That leaves the round plug, which I think covers the engine ECU - and there is also a duplicate of this round plug lying loose inside the ECU plastic box under the bonnet.

What the pinouts or codes are I can't help you unfortunately, but I'd sure like to know as mine isn't running 100% either!!

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Alan -

Unfortunately with the beginning of the Xantia the diagnostic systems has turned into a whole new era.
Nothing like a simple LED lamp, switch and blink codes found on the BX'es.

Take a trawl through your local dealer of Haynes books. Haynes knows pretty well - that their late generation car manuals does not satisfy the hardcore car DIY'ers. Hence Haynes have come out with a growing series of specialty manuals - covering peugeot/Citroen (PSA) engine management systems, VAG systems, Ford systems etc. etc.
They even have a basic series explaining in depth the overall ideas and design principles of such systems - to "prepare you" going into the factory specials.

I'd say if people forget about the old Haynes manuals covering just about anything on a specific model - they could achieve the same info collecting a few more manuals extra.
No wonder - as cars are ever increasingly crammed with all sorts of extra systems, electronics, computers and safety equipment. A single manual would be a rather hefty binder - containing lots & lots of redundant info found in any other manual as well.

- and the new manuals do contain an impressive amount of pages with electric schematics covering most models :wink:

- eeeerrrr ....
No people - I dont sell Haynes manuals - or get any Haynes commission.
But I certainly do respect the value of the earlier manuals - and have been rather frustrated over the missing information in later manuals. Hence the digging to find out where the information is.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Somehow I had a feeling you someone was going to tell me something like that! ImageImage

Alan S :cry:
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!