Injectors

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Injectors

Post by OwenP »

It appears that the number 1 injector (working from drivers side) is leaking on my 96 405 1.9td estate. I have already tried changing any hoses around it to ensure they are not spraying however there is still fuel around the injector and the car is starting to smell of diesel after it has been running.

I have found what appears to be a good site for injectors (http://www.uniteddiesel.co.uk/diesel_injectors/peugeot/
is there normally anything to watch out for in getting reconditioned injectors?

Also do I attemp this myself or get the garage to do it? How long a job is it for a garage roughly?

Cheers
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I dont quite understand why you want to replace an injector with external leak ?
Commonly its the fuel pipe union that just needs to be nipped up a tad. You can easily do that yourself. The pipe union has to be very tight - like a sparkplug.
If the leak still appears - you may have a crack in the fuel pipe under/inside the union. I have not heard of injectors leaking from outside.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Ah, I must admit I had not realised that (showing my lack of knowledge). I will try that in the morning. You may have just saved me a not incosiderable amount of money.

Thank you