A Couple of Vids

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

A Couple of Vids

Post by rossnunn »

We were talking about the old GS advert where they run it around on 3 wheels, its before my time but I think this is it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v9Vp-Y6Ue3w&search=citroen

There is also the 5th Gear test of the C6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0IdtH4S700&NR

And Top Gear again with the C6:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mpuPGkikm2I&search=citroen
deian

Post by deian »

oh my god!!!! Is that thing for real!!! Thats amazing to say the least!!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

deian wrote:oh my god!!!! Is that thing for real!!! Thats amazing to say the least!!
Which thing ? :lol:

If you mean the GS on 3 wheels, then yeah, it's for real.... I've even done it on my GS years ago when I had one....(NOT around a slalom though!! Just driving carefully)

You just have to set the height up to the intermediate position to prevent the hub dragging on the ground taking a corner.... :wink:

Actually most hydropneumatic Citroen's are front heavy enough to be able to do this... I'd be surprised if the Xantia couldn't also do it...(I'm not willing to try with mine though :lol: )

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
p20

Post by p20 »

Nice work Ross :lol:
307SW HDi 110
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

The GS is a TOTALLY FABULOUS CAR capable of driving well beyond the miserly cc engine Citroen saw fit to give it. For my sins I've a few knocking about even in this day and age...

I love'em!!

You can do the three wheel caper with a CX too, although everything needs to have the height raised; so it follows the road surface needs to be billiard table smooth...

Andrew
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I do wonder though how much ballast they shoved into the left hand front corner to enable it to slalom like that at that speed without Isaac Newton and the forces of nature taking over!!
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

bxbodger wrote:I do wonder though how much ballast they shoved into the left hand front corner
Don't forget it had a flat four low down in front of the front axle and very little weight at the back end, even the spare wheel was up the front.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

bxbodger wrote:I do wonder though how much ballast they shoved into the left hand front corner to enable it to slalom like that at that speed without Isaac Newton and the forces of nature taking over!!
Cynic!! It's no cheat - There's no counterbalancing weight. It's ALL IN the suspension.

I've jacked Gs's & Cx's on one corner on high and the chassis is so locked rigid by the suspension via the anti roll bar that the whole of that end of the car jacks up evenly!! This is equally the case with the absolutely huge and heavy CX estate too!

You learn to accept and repect the bizzarre side effects of the older 'proper' Citroen suspension when you drive slowly over a slight ridge bump on high and see the opposite side's wheel lift off the floor!! They used to recommend this in the press for wheel changing if you didn't have a jack!!

Andrew
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

That Fifth Gear test was so much better than the silly Top Gear, I managed to miss this as I was at the Lake District without a Channel 5 which I was gutted about.

He did a far better review and actually showed you the features and stuff and explained it much better and he showed some intelligence.

Bit expensive to buy new, but 2nd hand will be a top bargain indeed.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

The GS is a TOTALLY FABULOUS CAR capable of driving well beyond the miserly cc engine Citroen saw fit to give it. For my sins I've a few knocking about even in this day and age...

I love'em!!
Seconded!! (although i no longer have one)

I've seen the 3 wheel thing done on a DS also.
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

mezuk04 wrote:That Fifth Gear test was so much better than the silly Top Gear, I managed to miss this as I was at the Lake District without a Channel 5 which I was gutted about.

He did a far better review and actually showed you the features and stuff and explained it much better and he showed some intelligence.

Bit expensive to buy new, but 2nd hand will be a top bargain indeed.
The Fifth Gear test was more serious than Top Gear, but Top Gear demonstrated the MASSIVE advantage that a hydro Citroen has over almost any other car. I was impressed at how much less camera shake there was in the C6 over rough ground! The BMW in the Top Gear test may have sporty handling but the ride is absolutely awful the C6 doesn't wallow or handle badly, Citroen has acheived something that nobody else seems able to.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

andmcit wrote:The GS is a TOTALLY FABULOUS CAR capable of driving well beyond the miserly cc engine Citroen saw fit to give it. For my sins I've a few knocking about even in this day and age...

I love'em!!

You can do the three wheel caper with a CX too, although everything needs to have the height raised; so it follows the road surface needs to be billiard table smooth...

Andrew
Well here's another video, and while the GS in the slalom was a promotional film made for Citroen, the clip below was shot by someone on their home video camera, and the surface does not appear to be all that smooth.

Last edited by ACTIVE8 on 25 Jul 2006, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Also, here is a clip of a GS, raising its wheels.

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

CX

Post by ACTIVE8 »

OK so it's not the Top Gear test track, but this guy is driving a CX, and is trying to drive it like the presenters.

Take a look at the link below, as he is not hanging around at all. :shock:

andmcit
My Cars:

Re: CX

Post by andmcit »

ACTIVE8 wrote:OK so it's not the Top Gear test track, but this guy is driving a CX, and is trying to drive it like the presenters.

Take a look at the link below, as he is not hanging around at all. :shock:

Yep, you're going some to lose the back end of a cx.. :shock:

Andrew