Remote locking, sunroof 'n' stuff

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Guru Meditation

Remote locking, sunroof 'n' stuff

Post by Guru Meditation »

Hi there all. I only stumbled across this forum about a day or so ago so I've just been reading back through old posts but haven't read them all yet. Please forgive if this has been covered before but I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.
I have bought a ZX 1.9td Aura '93K and I pick it up hopefully on monday or tuesday. Unfortunately it has no remote control for the remote central locking (the central locking works, but no remote :( ) I know this model should have remote locking as I can see the sensor under the mirror. What do you think the best way to sort this is? I guess it's a case of go to a Citroen dealer. How much d'ya reckon it will cost me for a new remote? Ta
Also the electric sunroof doesn't work, at all. What do you think the best place to look first is? I suppose it could be a fuse (doubt it garage would have fixed it) or the switch, a connection or maybe the motor seized. Any pointers greatly appreciated.
I am no stranger to the Peugeot Citroen family having owned a 309 1.1xe and a 205 1.6 gti and gone through a rear beam trauma etc so I am not a total novice but have never owned a diesel or a turbo diesel ever. What kind of performance and economy can I expect e.g. range on a tank of fuel? I did test drive it btw it felt fairly rapid but I obviously won't get fully aqquainted until it's mine and I've driven it for longer.
I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future! This place seems like a good resource and a friendly collection of like minded people so I hope to be sticking around.
Thanks
Guru
marco1
My Cars:

Post by marco1 »

hello i think if you go to scraper and get a plip,you can program it from your car .i think you hold it up to remote under sunroof and press for a few seconds ...dont qoute me on this ..but i think some where in forum this is someing like this you do.. sunroof not sure
Jon

Post by Jon »

As regards the remote locking plips, you can either order a new plip from a Citroen dealer (you will have to take the Vehicle Reg Doc with you to the dealer I believe) I am not sure of the cost.
The other option is to purchase a new Plip contoller and 2 new plip units from us, £98.00 & VAT.
Economy? 40 mpg average is usual. 32mpg if driven very hard. Over 50mpg is possible if you like driving along at 50mph.
Sunroof, they can seize up though lack of use which is what has probably happened here. I have never had one that does not work at all (they usually just get really slow).
Would recommend the usual ZX TD stuff after you purchase, ie stick a new rad in unless its already had one, coolant change, and of course a timing belt unless theres proof thats been done.
Jon Wood
forum@andyspares.com
Thompatruck
My Cars:

Post by Thompatruck »

As Jon says average mpg about 40, I get about 420-460 miles out of a tank and I don't hang around!
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Thanks for the advice so far, I'll let you know how I get on. I'm quite interested in this 'reprogramming' the plip idea-if I could get a cheap one second hand I could do this, but how?
I will decide what stuff I need to do to it when I get it. Might do the rad and cambelt especially, just for peace of mind, even if they say it was done etc. How much can I expect to get charged for a cambelt, how hard is it to do it yourself and where could I go in the Peterborough/Cambridgeshire area (besides a citroen dealer :) ) that is reputable enough to do the work?
I guess the sunroof will be a case of investigate properly when I get it.
Sorry about the twenty questions lol.
Thanks
Guru