Xantia MK2 ABS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p20

Xantia MK2 ABS

Post by p20 »

Hi. I need to sort my ABS out. The warning light comes after a few miles :roll: I've done a search and found this:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=
Slightly confused as to which set of pins i need to check and which direction the pin numbers run.
It's a Xantia MK2 HDi110 year 2000
Thanks in advance :)
307SW HDi 110
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Resistance and AC voltage (turning wheel) readings are done on the multiplug on the cable - out to the sensors. As it is the sensors and their complete cable run up to the multiplug you are testing - not the ABS control box.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
p20

Post by p20 »

Cheers Anders. I understand its the plug and not the unit, but how do the pin numbers work. Mine has about 3 rows of 8-10 pins(can't remember exactly) :oops: So which order are they? eg, top left down the first row, then on to the 2nd row?
307SW HDi 110
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Looking at the plug , pin 16 is the longest pin in the centre row, so having this on the left hand side, the upper right corner is pin 1, then read from right to left. So on the right hand side are pins 1, 10 and 17, on the left hand side are 9, 16 and 25

Brian
97 Xantia TD
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I had a similar problem which turned out to be the "teeth" on the CV joint being covered in grease from a leaky CV joint boot.

Grease cleaned off (and boot replaced) and not a problem since. I can only assume that the moly grease used in the joint was conductive.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
p20

Post by p20 »

citrojim wrote:I had a similar problem which turned out to be the "teeth" on the CV joint being covered in grease from a leaky CV joint boot.

Grease cleaned off (and boot replaced) and not a problem since. I can only assume that the moly grease used in the joint was conductive.
Thats my first job when i find out which sensor it is.
307SW HDi 110
p20

Post by p20 »

I've done the ohm static test and they're all reading the same. Would the voltage/turning wheel test make any difference?
Also a friend has told me the ABS light should flicker when the ignition is started, indicating a self test on the system. Mine doesn't do this. :?
307SW HDi 110
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Try jerk the ABS block multiplug. May have come partly disengaged - not unheard of.
I believe the ABS (power feed) relay is located on the valve block too. Try this also.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
p20

Post by p20 »

Cheers Anders, i'll check the connections this weekend. I did have a leaking caliper awhile back, so it may be the teeth need cleaning.
307SW HDi 110