Sat in a C6 in the dealers today!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bencowell

Sat in a C6 in the dealers today!

Post by bencowell »

I had the privilege of sitting in a C6 exclusive today. Nice car.

It is huge and makes the C5 feel small inside, although the funny shaped saloon boot is a bit pokey. Still, it is about 20% bigger than the S-Type Jag.

£38 grand, not sure it is worth it, but I'd love a spin in one.Maybe when second hand.

Stalks and the the rear cubbey hole is shared with the C2, it has C4 window controls on the doors and very few other shared components that I saw.

Its gorgeous too, not even the salesmen had driven it yet!
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

It's a nice car, isn't it? :D
Frm what i remember from last year's static "test drive" i gave it, the seats were a bit on the hard side (new car, what else!) and the front console, with radio and aircon is exactly the one found on MKII C5 and 407.
I found the boot opening a bit on the small side, though, i prefer 5 door saloons or estates. I mean, why do you want a big boot if you can't make pass a simple Honda Monkey? :D:D
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Ive seen 2 on the road now and one of which was a diesel that had a lot and i mean a lot of off the mark grunt when cruising, it was positively trying to keep up with my coop at low abiding speeds but i had to knock down a cog to not be shamed as it was obviously making full use of its VNT turbo when i was outside my efficiency island at about 60mph in 5th gear :( They do look very nice and i think a 30k price tag would see them sell a lot more, typical big citroen though, overpricing them and it will kill sales yet again like the XM did.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I saw one in the Citroen garage in Exeter a month or so ago, well they had two actually, I didn't get to sit in one but had a good look through the window. The inside front is huge, looks bigger than the XM, but the rear doesn't have as much room as my CX did. I certainly wouldn't be interested in an auto saloon, but if they made a manual estate :) ... but not at that price :shock:
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Now, the only thing that looks similar to a C6 is a Mercedes CLS.

The CLS might have bigger engines, but it is small inside. I guess they both have similar running costs. Just what is that badge worth on the front?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Had a GOOD prod about one in the showroon the other weekend! The inside strikes me as being a bit TOOOO plastiky in a random slabs of injection moulding kind of way, but I DO like the floaty droppy down door bins. How come Citroen are the only manufacturer that manages to make REAL wood look plastic, and expensive alloy wheels like cheap wheeltrims!!??

I like the whole quite purposeful presence the thing exudes on the outside though, and although meaner, it'll never be pretty TOO, in a clever treatment of subtle surface facets kinda way to that of it's obvious influence - the gorgeous CX!!

The Cx saloon has better rear legroom, more headroom and a bigger boot too. You'd be better off spending 10k having the BEST vehicle resto firm thoroughly galvanise a CX GTi/DTR/Prestige!! You'll have saved yourself £28k too!

Hell, so what if I'm biased - otherwise why the hell have I been lying underneath a CX GTi turbo all weekend INDOORS repiping the really duff hydraulic pipework...?

Andrew
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

I've driven the C6 on a number of occasions and they drive in a very evolutional way from the DS to the CX to the C6.
1983 2CV6 Charleston 110k (Re-build in op!)
1993 BX TZD Turbo
1991 BX GTi 4x4
1989 BX GTi 4x4
1991 BX GTi Auto
1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Saw a C6 parked (between Otley and Pool) and had to look twice as I didn't recognise it in the dark!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

KP wrote:Ive seen 2 on the road now and one of which was a diesel that had a lot and i mean a lot of off the mark grunt when cruising, it was positively trying to keep up with my coop at low abiding speeds but i had to knock down a cog to not be shamed as it was obviously making full use of its VNT turbo when i was outside my efficiency island at about 60mph in 5th gear :(
Just double checked the specs I'm not surpised:

2.7l HDi V6 208hp
with a Torque figure of 325 lb ft at 1900 rpm :shock:
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

rossnunn wrote:
KP wrote:Ive seen 2 on the road now and one of which was a diesel that had a lot and i mean a lot of off the mark grunt when cruising, it was positively trying to keep up with my coop at low abiding speeds but i had to knock down a cog to not be shamed as it was obviously making full use of its VNT turbo when i was outside my efficiency island at about 60mph in 5th gear :(

2.7l HDi V6 208hp
And a kerb weight of over 1800Kg.... :roll:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I've got to say I'd like one but at £38k it'll have to wait a couple of years until I can pick up a used one for about £6k :lol:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I feel like andmcit, a rust free diesel Safari with a decent heater would suit me fine.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Mandrake wrote:
rossnunn wrote:

2.7l HDi V6 208hp
And a kerb weight of over 1800Kg.... :roll:

Regards,
Simon
True :cry:
wait 6 years for a year for the first to be written off & full that power plant & put it into a BX/CX/Xantia & I recon one very swift motor you'll have.

(Turned into abit of a yoda there sorry!!)
davetd
My Cars:

Post by davetd »

It's nice that citroen are looking back and using the styling cues of previous cars (like the CX/C6). I have seen a C4 I think and certain elements of the rear remind me of the GSA

davetd
93 Xantia SX TD Manual Metallic Grey 145,000 Non Anti-Sink