Another Year

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Another Year

Post by mezuk04 »

Well the Xantia has another years worth of MOT, passed yesterday from the initial fail.

It failed on:
water jets aiming to high
bald tyre at the front
the rear bush
power steering pump leaking gas
brake pads illegal
hole in the exhaust

Got my BIL to take it to the local Citroen chap for him to check everything it failed on and then have it retested where he takes the Citroens.

Fitted a new exhuast for £65
Fitted the new pads which BIL bought himself (massive staff discount + trade card) they were fitted for free.
New washer jets put in for a few quid.
The bush replaced

and the leaking gas didnt warrant a new power steering pump
and 3 hrs labour.

All done for £205 inc MOT
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

LEAKING GAS/NEW WASHER JETS? whats this leaking gas is this the MOT testers term for leaking LHM,and why new washer jets usualy the aim is adjustable
regards malcolm
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Regarding the washer jets, its because I fitted Xsara mist jets and they always went a bit to high so informed the BIL to quickly use the stalk to get the water normal, if they were adjusted i believe they would have gone back to normal jets (As i remember a bit back someone tried it and the mist disappeared).

Exactly, what leaking gas! This tester obviously didnt have a clue. Last time i checked, LHM fluid isnt a gas, so obviously its a seal issue but we have never had any tiny puddles on the floor so obviously didnt require replacing (i was suspect as soon as i heard he said that).

Oh, and apparently we had an oil leak, BIL informed the tester that we did an oil change just short of a week before so obviously there was a bit where i didnt clean fully, so this guy was obviously a bit of a t*t.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its hard to get the staff these days aint****t*t
regards malcolm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Strangely a car can only be failed for specific reasons. You should have paragraph references to the testers rule book - and so can place them quite specifically.

testers handbook here

http://www.motuk.co.uk/welcome.htm
jeremy