ZX Exhaust

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chemexhants
My Cars:

ZX Exhaust

Post by chemexhants »

The front pipe on the exhaust of my ZX 1.9TD has corroded and needs to be replaced. As it has a catalytic convertor can anyone tell me if the non-cat front pipe will fit?

I have asked GSF, several motor factors, and three exhaust suppliers, but they can't/won't say, and will only price for the cat version.

Stephen
1997 ZX SX 1.9TD 140k miles
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I recently fitted something called a De cat repair pipe to a 406 TD for a customer, it was a lot easier than fitting the whole front pipe too, the pipe starts just in front of the cat, cut the original in situ and away to go, a clamp and away, theres possibly a bit of a performance gain too. It came from my local motor factors for about £25, some places might not have heard of it though.
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

Hi there............Yes the NON Cat Exhaust will fit but you need to change both front and back bits complete.

The only problem you have,when it comes to MOT time your car will fail because from the year of car if you dont have the cat inline there will be too much emission as the tester will set up his machine expecting a CAT Exhaust.

ZX's got cleaner as years went by.......
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Yes just get the non cat TD front pipe, this is one piece and goes from the turbo to the (same) back box.

If the front pipe you have is shot, there isn't much point going down the path suggested by Stewart.

The car wont fail the mot test because its got no cat on it, the diesel smoke test only tests smoke opacity (how much soot there is in it) not its chemical content.

Dave

P.s scrap yards are paying £15 each for dead cats, get it weighed in.