Xantia Hdi cat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BK

Xantia Hdi cat

Post by BK »

Why oh why is it the last nut that will not come off? I’ve just spent the last hour cursing the name of Citroen as I have tried to remove the cat converter from my xantia. One of the spring loaded bolts holding the front pipe to the manifold just will not come off, the whole bolt turns and I cant get at the back of it. Has anyone removed the cat from their car and if so have you any tips, I am now thinking of using a hacksaw blade to try and cut the nut off and if that fails a big chisel.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

If you can hack it off then hack it off, you can buy a replacement bolt, cant you?
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

As mezuk points out :

There are no reasons to try save a £1 bolt - during hours & hours of grief and sweat - even injuring yourself.
Cut it, chip it, hack it, grind it, file it, whack it - whatever, but dont ever waste more than a couple of minutes on such a nuisance :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
BK

Post by BK »

Your correct, Im going to tape a hacksaw blade to a piece of wood to give me a long reach and start cutting. thanks for the common sense view. I get to focused on the small part of the job.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I dont do common sense very often, but when I do it rocks! hehehehe :lol:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Cut the bolts. I used a Dremel and they wer gone in like 5 minutes, no hassle. :lol:
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)