ZX Volcane Tickover

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nic-mags
My Cars:

ZX Volcane Tickover

Post by nic-mags »

Hi,Hope somebody can give me some advice to a couple of problems we've been having with my wifes ZX Volcane.Firstly,the tickover is very uneven and can vary between 1000rpm and go as high as 2000rpm.Once the revs pick up it's as sweet as a nut all the way through the rev range,it's totally reliable and doesn't stall and mpg doesn't seem all that savage,also,there was a high pitched squealing coming from the rear off side wheel arch,which i believed was coming from the inside of the tyre--when i changed from 195 to 185 tyres--the noise has as good as gone but i can sometimes hear it very faintly.It's got the alloy wheels and is a K reg.Many thanks
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Is it a T/diesel or Petrol??
The high pitch sound could be a Hub bearing fault developing or a disc pad rubbing against its disc.
Doe's the sound go if you slightly apply the brakes to make a harder contact or if you corner left or right at speeds of approx. 30/40mph.
If any one of these cure the sound, you now know the area to look at, if not then you'll have look further.
nic-mags
My Cars:

Post by nic-mags »

hi sooty
it's a petrol--after putting 185 tyres on the back the noise is as good as gone but i would have thought 195s could comfortably go on the back but thats when the squeal is bad
cheers
nick