Making my fog lights work!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Adstar
My Cars:

Making my fog lights work!

Post by Adstar »

On my lovely 96 605 SLdt I have pretty fog light/indicator units. The indicators work fine, but the fog lights were never connected (I suspect never specified). To the point that the passenger side, rather infuriatingly doesn't have any internals for the fog lights!

So, I bought a switch and some new lights to replace cracked lenses and swap the internals which I had assumed where there.

I have connected the switch, and when the head lights are on the switch can be pressed and the little light on the switch shines brightly informing me that the fog lights should be on........

They are not though! I connected the passenger side light without fitting it and it didn't come on. I fit a replacement drivers side light and it doesn't work!

These lights are an absolute pain in the bits to remove and replace as I am sure the headlights should come out! (I found and alternative route!)

Is there a seperate fuse for these lights? If so which one? (I can't find my handbook anywhere, so it has been put somewhere safe by my constantly tidying but well meaning girlfriend!) Or is there a break in the wiring loom somewhere else as a result of these lights never having been specified on this particular car!

And out of interest, does anyone have a passenger fog light/indicator which isn;t cracked and does work for the 95-on facelift 605 model.

Cheers.
605 Only an SL but it is a DT with a shake rattle and role!
Mk 1 MR2 waiting to have the final useful bits removed... RIP.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

There should be a green relay in the circuit somewhere to power the front foglights.

Also there will be a 10 or 15 amp fuse in the circuit somewhere that supplys power to the relay.

Have a look in the fuse box for a green relay plug minus a relay.
Adstar
My Cars:

Post by Adstar »

I have looked in the rats nest that is the fuse box! I can;t see anywhere for a green connector for a relay (Assuming it would be fairly obvious). I can't see any missing fuses either which is a good start!

However, I have found a space for a relay! it is 'in front' of the fuses as you look from the passenger seat. There should be a run of 3 little boxes of tricks, but I am missing the right hand one. Could this be the culprit?

Where can I look for information? Would the Citroen xm haynes book have the relevant information?
605 Only an SL but it is a DT with a shake rattle and role!
Mk 1 MR2 waiting to have the final useful bits removed... RIP.