C6 On Fifth Gear Tonight :-)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

C6 On Fifth Gear Tonight :-)

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Apparently Fifth Gear are testing the C6 tonight July 3rd 2006. :) 8)
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=400
We're taking a break
We thought it unfair on FIFA to damage the viewing figures for the World Cup by pitting Fifth Gear head to head in the schedules with some big games, so the show won't be back on air until Monday July 3rd, 8pm on five.

In the meantime, we'll be chanting Eng-ger-land, as well as working on some of the biggest features we've ever done. We'll be going to even more extreme lengths to test whether the engine on our beloved old Merc really is bomb-proof...testing the suspension of the Citroen C6 using professional gunmen (sure beats horse-racing), seeing which bit of a car burns best, giving the definitive verdict on Honda's new magic handling system, frightening pensioners as we set a record in a people carrier, watching Tiff nearly kill himself in a bid to beat a hard-as-nails Dakar racer in an off-road race, plus the most amazing supercar head to head anybody's ever conceived of.
I like the little dig at the Top Gear review :)
ImageImage
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

I always liked the way Tiff present the program. It appears 5th gear is another program different from top gear... aren't they both from BBC?
Oh well, be sure to record the program for me, i played England saturday, honest! I'm sick sick sick of hearing about the world cup on the telly, radio, road signs, everywhere! I hate soccer!. How i wish the team was already home :twisted:
Soory for the rant chaps...
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
p20

Post by p20 »

Tom Ford from 5th Gear is the deputy editor of the TopGear magazine. So you quite often get articles in the mag which appear on 5th Gear.
307SW HDi 110
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

C6.........Overall A Good Report

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Interesting programme which featured all the details about the car. :) 8)

Although they did say that many would miss out on the quality, and ability of the C6, because of the concern that many will have with depreciation.

Now the fact that the residuals drop heavily, is something that all of us on the forum are aware of because, we are able to purchase a bargain which is not too old, and still has a lot of useful service life left in it. Obviously some others are aware that they can be bought cheaply, but are put off by the fact that they do not understand the cars, and have an unfounded fear of what they perceive to be, the additional complexity of the clever suspension design.

They mentioned about the daring to be different, standing out, and being individual, with that certain character that a Citroen has always had.

Thing is though, have they always had the depreciation problem as well, I.E. if you go back in time to previous models like for example the DS ?

P.S. They even showed some historic footage in the programme including the DS. 8) :)
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

........In Each Others Pockets ?.......It's A Small World !!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

406 V6 wrote:I always liked the way Tiff present the program. It appears 5th gear is another program different from top gear... aren't they both from BBC?
Oh well, be sure to record the program for me, i played England saturday, honest! I'm sick sick sick of hearing about the world cup on the telly, radio, road signs, everywhere! I hate soccer!. How i wish the team was already home :twisted:
Soory for the rant chaps...
No, they are not both from the BBC, Fifth Gear is produced for, an independent different channel in the U.K. called Channel 5.

Although before the BBC changed the format of Top Gear, it used to be a half hour programme on Thursday evening at 20.30hrs.

It also had Vicky, and Tiff on it as presenters in the past.

So, what with the presenters going on to a different channel to present a programme, which is trying to compete with Top Gear, and the connection that p20 has mentioned about with the magazine.

It all seems to be a bit too closely connected, and a small world.

Indeed when I visited the MPH show at Earls Court Jeremy, Richard and Tiff were presenting it !