Xantia Height Problems.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Historyman

Xantia Height Problems.

Post by Historyman »

My 2000 reg xantia 20.0i has had a new hydraulic pipe From the rear to the front just before I bought it. Today I was checking the the oil level and I noticed that the site glass indicator for the fluid reservoir was way up as high as it can go in normal ride height.

When I put it in the high mode it came up on its suspension, but in the lowest position only the front goes down leaving the back end up. Could this be because it has been over filled or not bled properly?
2000 Citroen Xantia 2.0I Exclusive.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if with the suspension right up the level indicator float is right in the top of the dome,the only thing this can be is to much fluid in the tank,this is nothing to to be concerned about as all that might happen is it could overflow from the tank and make a mess,there has been talk on here of the float sticking but in all the years i have worked on and around citroens,i have never seen one stuck,and how they work its unlikly they could
regards malcolm
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

The oil level is checked with the suspension fully up.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

There is a piece of the rear height corrector linkage that is made of plastic I suspect it has broken thats why it wont respond to the height control lever.
Historyman

Post by Historyman »

Thanks every one. It is going in to the garage first thing Monday morning to have the anti roll bar bushes done, so I will get Neil the mechanic to have a look at it....Ron
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

why do the anti roll bar bushes need replceing
regards malcolm
Historyman

Post by Historyman »

I think he said anti roll bar bushes. There is a small knocking noise on uneven roads, I could be wrong and misunder stood him. What ever they are about £90.00 to replace including labour.......Ron. It could be the track rod ends. :oops:
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Ahhh...

The ARB link rods - not the ARB bushes :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Amazon Activa

Post by Amazon Activa »

citronut wrote:if with the suspension right up the level indicator float is right in the top of the dome,the only thing this can be is to much fluid in the tank,this is nothing to to be concerned about as all that might happen is it could overflow from the tank and make a mess,there has been talk on here of the float sticking but in all the years i have worked on and around citroens,i have never seen one stuck,and how they work its unlikly they could
regards malcolm
This was replaced on my Activa some time last year, because it would not register correctly, and got stuck.
Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future - Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights

Nissan 300zx TT (94k)
Citroen BX Estate 19RD (197k)

Citroen Xantia Activa (Gone, but never forgotten)