GSF...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

GSF...

Post by Kowalski »

GSF have opened a new branch in Newcastle, so finally there is a branch that is local to me. I have no idea when they opened it, my finding out was purely by chance.

If GSF was still hosting this forum, no doubt I would have found out more quickly!

I did mention that there wasn't a Newcastle branch on the old forum a time or two...
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Theres also a new branch in Northampton.

Spotted it saturday on the industrial estate, I popped in, Its small but well stocked up on Lexus rear lights for Saxos, 206s etc.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I anit been to my local GSF since the Xsara went. The Reno is just fine (fingers crossed) hasn't missed a beat since we had it. Failed it's first MOT thought ...damm those CV boots. Saying that a new set of discs may be comming later this year from GSF.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The nearest one to me is 15 miles away, Eurocarparts on the other hand are a half mile from my office, so I tend to use them the most- the prices are pretty much the same as is the display of Lexus type rear lights.... :roll:

Incidentally I did a belt'n'tensioner change on the BX and bought the bits in a kit from these peoplehttp://www.buypartsby.co.uk/.

They did an inclusive Conti labled kit of the tensioner, the other pulley, and a belt for a lot less than the other two, neither of whom did a complete kit or stocked all the items neccesary meaning I would have had to order a bit from one, and a bit from the other.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

It's good to see that there are more GSF branches opening up. :)
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Offtopic, but I've also had a few parts from BuyPartsBy recently. All to pnotch stuff. Most recent was a pair of discs and axle set of pads for the 406. 50 quid all in inc delivery. Pads turned out to be Mintex and Discs Delphi-Lockheed, so its all top notch stuff. :)
2003 Xsara HDi 110 - Commuting Hack

http://www.rossy.org.uk/ - 205 Track car progress
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

bxbodger wrote:Incidentally I did a belt'n'tensioner change on the BX and bought the bits in a kit from these peoplehttp://www.buypartsby.co.uk/.

They did an inclusive Conti labled kit of the tensioner, the other pulley, and a belt for a lot less than the other two, neither of whom did a complete kit or stocked all the items neccesary meaning I would have had to order a bit from one, and a bit from the other.
That is a fantastic tip! I've been wanting to find an online retailer for car bits outside the GSF/Euro remit for years. :D
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

I have used these people for quite a lot of stuff and find them to be very good.

http://www.mclockwood.co.uk/
p20

Post by p20 »

I used the Newcastle branch last week. Nice to be able to walk into somewhere, rather than order online. They didn't have the oil :roll: (Quartz 9000) in stock, but never mind its progress
307SW HDi 110
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

PowerLee wrote:Theres also a new branch in Northampton.

Spotted it saturday on the industrial estate, I popped in, Its small but well stocked up on Lexus rear lights for Saxos, 206s etc.
Eurocarparts also list Northampton as opening soon.
It's about time they came here. The nearest ECP is Milton Keynes & nearest GSF was in Leicester too far when you need something fast & Bristol Street Peugeot couldn't give a toss except if if the car doesn't have a 7 on the end of the name.
I wonder if ECP will open up on the same Grafton Ind Estate? That's were a few car parts places seem to be, Partco, CAS & now GSF...
<GONE>1991 Peugeot 106 1.1 Carb</GONE>
<GONE>2004 Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 Hdi</GONE>
1995 Peugeot 106 Ski 1.5 D
2006 FIAT Panda 1.3 MultiJet