Xantia pollen filter?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sim
My Cars:

Xantia pollen filter?

Post by Sim »

Hi people,

As I've said before, I have a 1.8 16v petrol W-Reg Xantia, it has climate control air-con, would that mean it has a pollen filter, if so where is it? and how often does it need changing?

If not can I fit one, I'm really doing a good impression of the Tunes bloke at the moment (you know the one "cad I hab a virst cladth dicket do dottingham blease?") from all the blasted hayfever :cry: :x .
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

A Quick search for 'Pollen Filter' comes up with lots of previous messages.

Try http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... len+filter
JohnM
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

If you scan down that page linked to above, you'll find a pic posted by Clogzz which shows it under the glovebox directly above where the passengers feet sit.
I did mine last weekend and found a half dozen torx headed self tappers hidden in the carpet that sits under the glovebox. Once removed, that piece of carpet drops down and is removed and you will see a black plastic cover plate with 3 phillps headed self tappers in there. Remove them and pull down the black cover plate and then you'll see a white plastic piece which is in fact a grab handle to pull the pollen filter out.
A spray of an anti bacterial (such as Glen 20) as you reassemble is a handy option to sweeten things up.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

One addition to Alan's description:
Some cars have the pollen filter cover screwed on as Alan described, but others (later?) have a cover that unclips when pushed to one side (to the right I think). If you pull one of these covers stright down, you will break the plastic clips.
Mike