Xantia SD SX (LPT) ????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Allanxantia
My Cars:

Xantia SD SX (LPT) ????

Post by Allanxantia »

Just got my insurance renewal in and they have this down as the description of my car. The reg no is correct and I have phoned them to clarify. Has anyone else seen this, does LPT stand for Light pressure turbo?
2002 C5 V6 Exclusive auto LPG
1997 Xantia TD SX £200 bargain
1993 Xantia DLX (now dead)

Then after a 10 year Citroenless gap

1995N Xantia Activa
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Yes, Light Pressure Turbo. The SD replaced the original 1.9D - the turbo was needed to get it through emissions regs - the power was still about the same 70 BHP though. If yours says TurboD on the door it's the 'full' 90BHP model - if it's the LPT it should say SD (or maybe 1.9 SD) on the doors. It should also be without intercooler. I suspect an SX will be a TurboD though. I've had 2 ZX TDs and both times Driect Line have had them down as 1.9D - I've specifically queried this, but they replied no difference. They've obviously never driven one then 8)
Richard W
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The DVLA had my Xantia down as a LPT "SD" model although its actually a 90 bhp "TD" version. Same thing happened with insurance renewal & I did tell them to put it as a TD - I could have got away with it being insured two groups lower if I hadn't, DOH!

I rang the DVLA about this and they said that when a new registration is set up on their system it requires the user to scroll down a long list of possible models and click on the right one. They basically admitted to me that when there staff are bored, rushed etc they can tend to click on any old model that looks something like :shock: - hence its not unusual for cars to be registered as the wrong model.
I've known a few TD's of various makes to be shown on the logbook as atmo D's, and presumably a lot of people in the UK are paying the wrong rates for their car insurance!