For the Admin:

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

For the Admin:

Post by mezuk04 »

Is it a reasonable suggestion to ask for a sticky or even a locked topic to be put up at the top of the board for all 'new' and 'recent' members to be reminded that we need to know what car & spec it is they request help for and maybe a suggestion that the easiest way of doing this is to note it in the 'profile' section since its on the same page as when they register???

Maybe I'm just being sarky :P

Also I would just like to point out I am aware of the information I provide is not so much technical help as it is witty remarks :roll:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

But that was actually a very good idea.
It would save an aweful lot of "which car/model/year/ version are you talking about" and thus reduce the number of unecessary posts.

GOOD IDEA

//NiSk
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I've got no objections, but, will they read them?

Reason I ask is that we have similar ones on other forums I'm involved with and the types of things we get is people omitting their location in their profiles.
I'm talking Australia now, so we're talking mega distances, and they'll post along the lines of "I have a DS for sale, call Saturday to test drive."
If they happen to be in Perth, it takes almost 2 days from where I am by air to get there!! :shock: but we have to continuously keep asking for the general area so people don't get excited for no reason.
There is also a law over here in one state that it is mandatory to post reg number and/or engine number in ads. There's a sticky to that effect yet possibly 6 out of 10 have to be chased up to do it.
As I say, I don't mind doing it, but I try to avoid getting too many stickys atop of forums as they can tend to get a bit messy after a while.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Can't we just have sticky reading "check this before posting"

//NiSk
'85 BX 16TRS, '91 XM injection 241,000 km (company car), '93 XM TD12 (515,000 km), '98 XM 2.5TD Break (320,000 km)
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

In regard to the server problems, I see no reason for that sticky to remain since when these problem occur its of a rare occurence, someone makes a separate post regarding it and the majority of people will just wait for the problem to be recitified. So maybe that could free up a little at the top.

Cant really reference about the other sticky 'Pieades' (spelling?) but maybe that can go into the useful info section perhaps?

I feel just the one sticky is needed at the very top giving a very brief introduction to registering.

** FIRST TIME REGISTERS - PLEASE READ **

Please remember to always state the car and model you are actually referring to as it makes life that bit simplier, however to make it even easier you could always note what cars you own in the 'profile' section as you enter you registry details.

Or Similar!

I suppose I'm just highlighting my own annoyance but not in a dramatically nasty way but it gets so repitive.

I have a problem with my car?

What Car? Unfortuantly I dont know you and since there are a few cars out there I am struggling to determine which car you personally drive as my 'seeing into the future' mind is currently offline. :wink:

Regarding location, im off to check what mine says... I have just fine tuned mine!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Change the heading in the "post new thread" to read "Car Model and Subject" instead of just "Subject".

Anyone who misses that shouldn't own a car or a driving license!

//NiSk
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

No - half the fun is asking if its a red car
jeremy
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

OK, done; ran it as an announcement rather than a sticky, everybody happy with that?

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Thanks very much Alan, lets hope I havent come across as my mother :oops:
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

No sweat mate, any suggestions that makes it all run smoother that we can discuss and debate and agree to are always welcome.

Alan S :wink:
RIP Sept 19th 2008.