Sad Day

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

Sad Day

Post by mbunting »

Well, today is a sad day.

I must report that our beloved AX 1.5D 5dr has given in to the rot, and gone for a meeting with the crusher today.

Alas, it was only last friday, that after having some DIY repairs done, and with about 267k on the clock, she was to go for the MOT - but when jacking up the front to tighten some bolts, the jacking point decided it wanted no more of this world, and the jack was invited into the drivers footwell.

A sound car ( except probably the engine judging by the sound it made after 4 months stood ! ), let down by rot which set in suddenly over the last year.

No flowers please, donations to the Rust Inhibitor Project.
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

yes they are good cars - i have a zx myself but my mate has an f E reg ax

IT JUST WILL NOT DIE!!!!
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Sorry to hear that. Its amazing how "in love" can anyone of us get with a car.

Don't worry, he is in a better place, a place where only Citroens are, with wide streets, no stop signs or traffic lights and where mechanics pay you for having the honor to touch your Cit. :lol:
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

I now have a C5. But, I really miss my trusty old P reg Xantia 1.9 turboD SX. When you've had a car for several years and you've done lots of work on it it's like losing a member of the family.

You have my deepest sympathy..
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

XMs dont go rusty which is of little comfort as a relativly minor mechanical failure can write it off, assuming you have to pay somebody to fix it!