Bijou NOT !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Bijou NOT !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well someone thought this was worth the time and effort, although it makes you wonder why they bothered, a hot rod it is not, and it's powered by a 1300 engine. :) Image

The Rover P5 coupe looked good, but this roof chop, is a home made mess.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morris-Ital-roof- ... dZViewItem

Let's hope the builder/bodger does not attempt to do this to a French car.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

I used to see this car on almost a daily basis on my way home from work!
I wondered what had happened to it- it looks worse in the metal so to speak, than in the photo.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well the auction ended.

No bids.

Which is not surprising given the condition of this car which should be called a (Sh)Ital. :D

Also the market for certain older cars is limited as most people will tend to go for a new car, and the current trend is to have more headroom.

To bid on this you would have to be prepared to sort out the corrosion, and cosmetic problems, be prepared to drive an underpowered slow car, and be by the looks of it short, or be prepared to struggle to get in.

To be realistic its next journey should be to a scrapyard.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

ACTIVE8, so you've pointed out all the good bits, now what about its' bad points LOL :)
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I can only assume it was done as a practice piece, before attacking a model A or an Amazon!!

What makes me think this is that it hasn't been slammed as well- not difficult on an Ital/Marina, you just need blocks at the back and turn the front torsion bar a notch or two- certainly easier than chopping the roof...............

Roof chopping is quite a big job, there's a lot more too it than just cutting the pillars: the roof also has to be quartered and new steel let in to compensate for the extra width and length as it gets lower.

I suppose it's better to cock up on an Ital before chopping your V8 Pilot or whatever!