Can someone explain Citroens small car policy to me?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

104ZS
My Cars:

Can someone explain Citroens small car policy to me?

Post by 104ZS »

They seem to have the C1 - a small hatchback, the C2, a small hatchback and the C3, a er small hatchback. And that's without counting the Pluriel which is a wierd sort of ...small hatchback.

Seems a bit of a crowded market segment to me.
"As I take my latest breath, amazing things are done on earth"
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

They want to be present with some small solutions on that part of the market.
C1 for the ladies, C2 as a sporty compact car, and the C3 as the city car for the family.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

C3 and C2 are closely related mechanically and appeal to different sectors of the same market. Using 2 models allows decent cars for each sector to be produced rather than endless cobbled versions like others use.

C1 is rather different - being a joint venture with Peugeot and Toyota to produce new small cars in Eastern Europe. I think PSA have contributed an entirely new engine to this project. Citroen version looks smart!
jeremy
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I don't understand the C1 and C2 being alongside eachother but the C3 is really not such a small car on the inside.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

jeremy wrote: I think PSA have contributed an entirely new engine to this project. Citroen version looks smart!
The petrol version is a 1.0i 3 cylinder toyota engine,the diesel is just the old 1.4 HDi fitted to the C2 & C3.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Buy 'em in, stack 'em high... and sell em' cheap wherever they can, that's the only policy I can discern.

I've actually been in the Pug version of the C1, and cheap'n'nasty doesn't begin to describe it!! Mind you, I was only a passenger, for the driver it may be a different experience, but that rev counter pod has a real MaxPower add-on look.