1999 406 Aircon problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rayc
My Cars:

1999 406 Aircon problem

Post by rayc »

Hi guys

Back to the climate control on the 406 again.

Had a new condensor, regassed twice as the seal on the pipe in the rear of the pump was leaking and now all ok.

However, the air coming from the vents is 18 degree's (ie not cooling much).
Guy who done regas is stumped. Says it may be cabin sensor ( little fan is working).

Fan increases in speed when cabin hot. Air compressor clicks on just after startup.
When it's not too hot it seems the air is cooler. When sun in Cabin very ineffective.

I thought maybe dash top sensor but Peugeot say they never go wrong.

Is it a main dealer check over or is there a common fault?

Hope you can help cos I'm melting! :shock: :D
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

can you here tempreture air flap moving in heater box ?does it go hotter when set to 28 deg max?are the a/c pressures ok? usually 2 bar low and 8-15 bar high depending on humidity and temp?
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

Yes air flap moves.

Pressures were ok. but the guy did say he felt the return pressure a bit high at 4.

Temperature goes up on the control. As I said it seems that when the sun goes in the air comes out colder. Thats why I thought the dash top sensor.

The aircon guy reckons it's the cabin sensor. But I cant get a secondhand one for love nor money at the mom. Being unemployed at this moment means I cant afford £105 for a new one (Only getting £1.06 a week :shock: ) sore point!

Hence why I'm trying my utmost to get it sorted. :oops: