Accident on the motorway - injured !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

Accident on the motorway - injured !

Post by mbunting »

Except I wasn't involved in the accident :?

A focus a few cars in front of us lost the rear end for some reason on the motorway ( not speeding etc.. ) - went and touched the central barrier, and then careered, seemingly in control towards the hard shoulder.

Except he went over the hard shoulder, and got flipped over by the kerb and rolled a few times before ending up upside-down in a tree, below the road level.

Myself and a few other cars stopped ( good job, because nobody else would have seen him down the embankment ). While they went running towards the car ( and got him out :evil: ), I called 999.

While I'm talking to 999, I didn't see the kerb where it comes into the verge to hold a drain... down my ankle went, over I went ( while still talking to 999 ) - ended up doing a rooney and breaking my 5th metatarsal ( or whatever they call it ).

So I'm in pot for at least the next three weeks.

Called the police last night, no special notes against the accident, so she thought that he probably got away with a few cuts and bruises ( he was concious when they got him out of the car ).

Nasty accident, with only two probable causes - 1) a blowout on a tyre, or 2) fell asleep - I doubt this one very much.

Typical !
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Ouch!

At least you of course did the decent thing, slightly funny that you were rolling and were still on the phone to them.

But of course not a funny situation.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well done for helping out someone when they needed it.

Sorry to hear about your injury.

Hope you, and the Focus driver get well soon.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

It's one of those that I laugh at, rather than let it get me down !

I don't relish the thought of being off work for three weeks, but I'm making up for it in the evening by ensuring that my alcohol level is acceptable bearing in mind I now have a "no choice" chauffer !

Just couldn't come at a worse time - I spent the weekend getting her AX ready to book in for a test, and this happens !
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof