Where can I get this new Cit model?!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

pwatson
My Cars:

Where can I get this new Cit model?!!

Post by pwatson »

Phil
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Yeah, but why?

Depriving a DS of it's running gear for a car that admittedly DOES need decent suspension, but...

but...

but it's just plain WRONG! That's what! All that effort and he didn't put the Ds body back on. :x

Andrew
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

So sorry it upset you so, I just thought it was of interest to Cit fans.
Of course you could take a different tack. Instead of assuming that the suspension and brake gear came from a perfect DS and a perfect SM or ones that could have been restored, how about assuming that the suspension and brakes came from totally wrecked specimens and that this bloke has rescued the gear?
Maybe it's actually a tribute to Citroen suspension and brakes? Anyway, I thought it looked (admittedly to a complete amateur) like some pretty good engineering.
Phil
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Ok, I guess hybrids CAN be fun when we're talking about Citroen. Some guys have even stuffed a Maserati engine in them! :wink:

But a I ask you; a Citrover!? :D

Andrew
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Surley fitting hydropnumatic suspension to anything has got to be an improvement, Rolls Royce use it!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

What interesting is that all the manufacturers have gone the air suspension route rather than the hydraulic route. I've always thought that this because it was easier to get long travel with air bags as the Citroen suspension uses a relatively small actual travel but controls it so that the best bit of the travel is used.

A superb bit of engineering - nice to see a really well thought out and executed conversion.
jeremy
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

That's possibly one of the most wierd conversions I've ever seen. Evedently the owner had very little consideration for ground clearance, or a sensible engine for use in a 4x4.

Or even making it legal.... the wheels poke out past the bodywork, which is not legal at all.

I've quite often thought it would actually be a rather good idea to fit hydraulic suspension to a Land-Rover, but it really ought to be done retaining the beam axles.
This is not a signature.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

jeremy wrote:What interesting is that all the manufacturers have gone the air suspension route rather than the hydraulic route. I've always thought that this because it was easier to get long travel with air bags as the Citroen suspension uses a relatively small actual travel but controls it so that the best bit of the travel is used.

A superb bit of engineering - nice to see a really well thought out and executed conversion.
One point to note is Citroen hold the patent for their system with Rolls Royce using it under licence...

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Whilst it says he uses a DIRAVI rack I can't see any governor or speedo drive onto the gearbox, so I guess he doesen't have the assistance? Sounds like he's track racing it anyway so it's poor aerodynamics MAY actually be relevant :lol:

Andrew
saracen480
My Cars:

Post by saracen480 »

fastandfurryous wrote:Or even making it legal.... the wheels poke out past the bodywork, which is not legal at all.

at the very bottom of the page.....
Pictures and text by Curtis Merrill (the creator and owner of this car) of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

so maybe the road restrictions/regulations are different to uk?
rgrds
rob