Leaky Berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davek-uk
My Cars:

Leaky Berlingo

Post by davek-uk »

Hi all, I've just brought a Berlingo (see sig), but I should have checked it out better first! It has sodden carpets. I have dried out the passenger's side but the driver's side was much wetter. The sound proofing up above the pedals is wet too so I'm guessing the leak is somewhere around the windscreen. Is this a common fault or is there something else I'm missing?

Apart from that, the Berlingo is nice; more comfortable than my Xantia seats (grrr), goes well, is hugely practical and was cheap. I cannot understand why they are such a low insurance group. It was nice though, after a weekend driving the Berlingo, getting back in the Xantia and giving it some welly.
Pug Rifter long (20) - 41mpg - Gutsy for a 1.5!
Xantia 1.9 TD Temp.2 Break (97) - 208K@42mpg - Resting again.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - My shed! Still runs 15° retarded...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Very common if its had a windscreen replaced in the past & not sealed properly,id get it looked at soon because this can lead to water getting into the BSI & you really dont want that.
WELSHVIKING
My Cars:

Post by WELSHVIKING »

Hi, Not sure if it is the same design as the xantia but if it is you can put your money on the scuttleboard which is the plastic board which runs at the bottom of your windscreen. It is suppose to be sealed to the windscreen but if it comes unstuck water will run in and find its way to the inside of your vehicle. Simply take it off you may have to disconnect your windscreen wipers and remove to do this, clean all the excess and old sealant from the scuttleboard. Clean the bottom of the windscreen with a cleaning solution ( i used surgical spirit ) then use a good quality clear waterproof selant and simply stick back on to the windscreen. ...Colin
CURRENT CARS:-
2019 CITROEN C3 AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 110BHP MANUAL (WIFES CAR)
2020 CITROEN AIRCROSS 1.2 FLAIR PURETECH 130BHP AUTO (MY CAR)