Xantia Fuse box

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ghostrider
My Cars:

Xantia Fuse box

Post by ghostrider »

Anyone know how to remove the fascia mounted fuse box on a Mk 1 Xantia
Thanks Pete
________
LOLOL
Last edited by ghostrider on 25 Feb 2011, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
RStacey
My Cars:

Post by RStacey »

I don't no if the mk1 is the same but I tried it with my mk2 and failed miserably - you can unbolt everything, but the amount of movement that the wiring harness allows prevents any meaningfull access to it. I ended up removing the dash to gain access to the back of the fuse box.

Regards

Richard
1999 Xantia HDi Exclusive
2003 C5 HDi SX
1995 Xantia 1.9TD
1994 Xantia 1.9D
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Somehow I just knew that that would be the case Richard :? :? :cry: The only positive thing is that I have a suspicion that my problems (see post on VSX electrics) could be explained by a duff fuse box which I suffered both on the CX and one of my BXs. I wonder if I could get all the plugs out and back in again?

I've read most of the threads about removing Xantia dashes, with a '98 100k VSX worth about ?800 I think it may be the parting of the ways, I did the dash on my beloved CX GTiTII and it took about 2.5 days to get it all out and back together again without any squeaks or rattles the Xantia looks slightly easier and there is that leaking heater Matrix that needs a permanent fix, but the Xantia does not have the same hold over me as the CX.......
________
Vaporizer Affiliate Programs
Last edited by ghostrider on 25 Feb 2011, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Hi Clogsz, the good news is the fuse box can be removed without the dash on prefacelift cars as follows:-
With the fusebox cover removed (various screws 2 at hinged end 2 at fastener end. There is the red toggle sticking down from the edge of the fuse box nearest you pull this down, slide the fuse box about 5mm towards you ie towards the back of the car and then pull that edge down and it all comes away.
As Richard says the wiring is very short so you have to remove the plugs 1 at a time to get the box out 8) Only trouble is that the fuse box seems ok ( see my other post on my electrical problems :cry: :cry: ) so my fault lies elsewhere and GOK where that is!!
Pete
________
MEDICAL CANNABIS
Last edited by ghostrider on 25 Feb 2011, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Many thanks for this breakthrough, Pete.
I had given up on that one long ago, classified as ‘impossible’. :(
Can’t run out now to experiment because it’s night here, but I’ll certainly make time for that tomorrow.

I think they have damaged insulations under the bonnet near the bulkhead.
God knows what happened and the job may have gone very wrong. :shock:
A wriggle of the wires there should affect it.
Best of luck ! :)
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389