Xantia paint codes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Xantia paint codes

Post by andmcit »

Hi, sorry, tis me going on about this subject again!

Can someone just clarify for me the last two characters in the code - are these the trim level and NOTHING to do with the actual colour.

A guy's got some panels a reasonable way away from me that have a matching first set of letters but they differ with the last pair!

Do I go all that way just to get pi**ed off!?

Andrew
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The first 3 letters indicates the colour all right. The 2 additional letters designates a smallish variant of that same colour - like a production run.
Its impossible to match 100.00% the exact same colour - when you again mix the colour a couple of years later.
But mostly you need some elaborate light/colour instruments to find they do not match "properly".
Add to this the general fade over time - and you may/not notice any difference at all. If you do - its most likely caused by different fade of that same colour 8)

Conclusion : its still the same colour.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

AndersDK wrote:Conclusion : its still the same colour.
OK, thanks Anders - that's good news then!! Guess I'll be finding out shortly then!? :D

Andrew
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Speaking from recent experience, I have had 2 batches made up both on BXs.
First was done using the complete set of numbers and was close to a perfect match.
Second I used a different supplier (due to the first guy going out of business) and was told the second set of letters (in low case) had no bearing on the colour mix and ended up with the finest two tone paint job money can buy.
Another point worthy of note also is that I understand most Cit colours for the past few years are mixed from a basecoat clour range that is only available in two pack.
I was told it could be matched in acrylic.................well if it can, I still haven't found the guy who can match it! :oops: :shock: :?

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!