airbag flash, please help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonasy

airbag flash, please help

Post by jonasy »

hi, there
I've got a 406, 2001model, the airbag light keeps flashing, diagnosis(pp2000) shows "persistent problem--front passenger airbag explorder--open circuit", checked wire between ECU and passenger airbag, it's normally circulative. two side airbags no problem. now the garage can't be sure of the problem of airbag itself, ECU or seat belt pertension.
I don't believe those parts having problem, so what the most possible problem is?
thanx.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Has someone checked the connection on the back of the airbag? Some airbags have a metal clip over the connector & if the connector comes slightly lose this clip shorts out & puts the warning light on.

Ive no idea if your airbag has this sort of safety clip on it though but it might be worth a look.
jonasy

Post by jonasy »

PowerLee wrote:Has someone checked the connection on the back of the airbag? Some airbags have a metal clip over the connector & if the connector comes slightly lose this clip shorts out & puts the warning light on.

Ive no idea if your airbag has this sort of safety clip on it though but it might be worth a look.
yes, we tired to remove glove box and unplug/plug twice the connector on passenger airbag as well as connector on ECU, but no avail. also did this for connectors under seat.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Does HAL2000 know its an RHD car ?

I mean : check the drivers airbag as well - as this could be the passenger side in a standard LHD soft/hardware environment 8)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
jonasy

Post by jonasy »

AndersDK wrote:Does HAL2000 know its an RHD car ?

I mean : check the drivers airbag as well - as this could be the passenger side in a standard LHD soft/hardware environment 8)
could u please clear it up in more details?
where should i check? hairspring seems normal, horn works good.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

was a long shot really -

I meant to check the drivers' airbag as well - just to make sure the ECU was not confused on which side the airbag error message originates.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
jonasy

Post by jonasy »

the dash must be disassembled for replacing a new passenger airbag please???
jonasy

Post by jonasy »

PowerLee wrote:Has someone checked the connection on the back of the airbag? Some airbags have a metal clip over the connector & if the connector comes slightly lose this clip shorts out & puts the warning light on.

oh......... ur right. thanx.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

jonasy wrote:

So did you find a dodgy connection & has that fixed the fault?
jonasy

Post by jonasy »

PowerLee wrote:
jonasy wrote:

So did you find a dodgy connection & has that fixed the fault?
i thanked u because the problem had been solved with your suggestion. i just filpped the connector and metal clip under the airbag, then light went out, everything seems ok by now.