C4 estate?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ChevronMicky
My Cars:

C4 estate?

Post by ChevronMicky »

It took some while after the release of the ZX for Citroen to announce an estate version. I then purchased one (Aura TD) and it was a brilliant all round car. Great for stuffing full of holiday luggage and then off to France!

Xsara was the same if I recall (the estate came some time after the hatch didn't it?).

I'm looking at the C4 and wondering are there any plans for an estate version?

My ideal car is a diesel auto estate but who makes them now? The Xsara fitted the bill but is no longer made. The C5 is good but just too large and unwieldy for my wife. That seems to leave the VAG stable but I don't fancy paying their inflated prices to purchase or to service.

No diesel auto Picasso, so I'm pinning my hopes on the C4 one day.

How is the C4 perceived on this forum, particularly the ride quality? Is it a patch on the old ZX? Any estate version on the horizon, particularly diesel auto?

Cheers,
Mick
2003 C5 2.2 HDi SX
1995 ZX TD Aura Estate
1989 BX 19TRS
1974 Dyane
ChevronMicky
My Cars:

Post by ChevronMicky »

55 views but no comments? Am I posting in the wrong section? Are my questions too taxing? :lol:

I thought this would be the forum to float such questions, but maybe not. I've got one other Citroen question to post, then I'll get out of your hair.
2003 C5 2.2 HDi SX
1995 ZX TD Aura Estate
1989 BX 19TRS
1974 Dyane
deian

Post by deian »

I've not heard any plans in the magazines, as for producing a an estate C4, not sure about that, I'd say no myself, they would expect people to get the C5 or the picasso, of think if you don't need the C5 estate then the C4 with it's seats down will do! But you never know, there aren't many medium cars in estate form is there. New focus, new golf, new astra? C4 could plug a hole there and make a killing.

Don't worry, someone will come at some point to answer, if there are no answers then no one knows the answer to your taxing question, don't take it personally, i'm quite new here and these guys have served me well.

Stick around yea, this is a well established forum with people who know a lot about their cars. I've learned a lot from them.

See ya.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I'm sure I've read that a estate version is on the way. I have no idea when or what it'll look like, just sure I read it while have a sneeky flick thro one of the mags in the supermarket :lol:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

ChevronMicky wrote:55 views but no comments? Am I posting in the wrong section? Are my questions too taxing? :lol:

I thought this would be the forum to float such questions, but maybe not. I've got one other Citroen question to post, then I'll get out of your hair.
I'd say it's a grey area in everyone's available information. Can't say I've heard one rumoured mind.

Don't feel put out to post and/or ask questions mind, that's the whole point/enjoyment of this forum!!

Andrew
Kitch
My Cars:

Post by Kitch »

Think its genuine
1991 Citroen BX 16valve

1998 Citroen Xsara 1.9TD SX

1993 Peugeot 106 XSi

1995 TVR Chimaera 400
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Give that man a cigar. Or a rasberry for being just too damned clever!! :wink:

Mind, Adobe Photoshop can be a very good programme...
:lol:

Andrew
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

na doesn't look real to me, I'd like to see a full size image tho, that one looks to have been compressed
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Is it just me, but the view out of the far windows through the front windscreen doesn't seem the match the depth of the outside corresponding window line on the left of the picture...

Nothing seems parallel!

Andrew
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

if you zoom right in on various bits of the car, you can see it's a 'shopped picture.

Very well done.. but 'shopped none the less.
This is not a signature.
ChevronMicky
My Cars:

Post by ChevronMicky »

I've turned up a picture on this French forum, but there's uncertainty about whether the estate will be sold here (or in France it seems!):
http://www.forum-auto.com/sqlforum/sect ... 217431.htm
2003 C5 2.2 HDi SX
1995 ZX TD Aura Estate
1989 BX 19TRS
1974 Dyane
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I'm wondering rather than a photoshop its a factory 'it'll look something like this' press release from citroen?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Oh look - there's a blue wun too. And there's a coincidence it's a ringer judging from the number!!

:wink:

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

And wtf's that!! :shock:

Andrew
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

new picasso?
Now theres one job I wouldn't like, redesign the UK's best selling mpv.