BX Stunt

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

BX Stunt

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This BX below was used as a stunt vehicle for an advertisment for Chrispy crisps at the International Stunt Festival.

http://www.metro.co.uk/galleries/galler ... 92#gallery

Apparently the stunt went wrong, so I hope the stuntman gets better soon.

Wonder why they chose the BX for this stunt ?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

What these pictures don't show is that the car hit the water perfectly upside-down, thus meaning the roof caved in, and broke the driver's spine.

I think it was a fairly valiant attempt of the BX to get it's own back on the driver trying to destroy it.

But seriously... whoever it was set this stunt up must be an utter fool, as the chances of injury to the driver from an 80ft fall into water were almost guaranteed!
This is not a signature.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I think it was meant to have gone into the water vertically,which would explain the cover over the screen- otherwise I'd have thought the screen would have been removed.

Looking on his website he seems to be a pretty experienced stuntman-but it looks like this time it went wrong for him.

Remember Tip Tipping, a very experienced stuntman who did those TV ads freefalling in an armchair...........the grim reaper got him in a parachuting accident- its a dangerous business!!!!!